Interested in microorganisms?
Would you like to work in a department which is rich in tradition, has a strong focus on quality and is situated in one of the most beautiful areas of southern Denmark?
The Department of Clinical Microbiology in the Hospital of Southern Jutland (Sygehus Sønderjylland) is advertising for a consultant to commence on 8 January 2011 or as per agreement.
Description of the department:
The Hospital of Southern Denmark consists of the hospitals in Haderslev, Aabenraa, Tønder and Sønderborg. The hospital in Aabenraa is currently being extended and will become one of the emergency hospitals of the Southern Denmark Region. The Department of Clinical Microbiology serves an area with a population of approximately 220,000. A research and professional partnership with the hospitals in Vejle and Esbjerg is in the planning phase.
Your duties will include:
• The functions of the consultant responsible for training (salary loading)
• Participation in clinical conferences, various tasks in connection with supplementary training, participation in the work associated with hygiene and infections, and much more.
We expect that:
• You are a consultant qualified in the field of clinical microbiology
• You are interested in one or more of the specialist areas within microbiology
• You are interested in quality work and value-based management
• An interesting and demanding position with a high degree of independence within a broad specialist field with numerous and varied tasks
• Excellent working conditions in close cooperation with highly qualified medical laboratory technicians
• Research opportunities within fields prioritised by yourself or the hospital
• An interesting and multifaceted field of work
• Flat hierarchical structures
• A workplace situated in a beautiful area close to the German border, offering an abundance of leisure activities
• Excellent development opportunities for your family
• Flexible working hours
• The opportunity of paid continuing education
• Free Danish course
• Family-friendly working hours (37 hours/week)
• Help with house/flat-hunting and dealing with the Danish authorities
For further information about the department, please see www.sygehussønderjylland.dk or contact managing consultant Poul Kjældgaard on phone +45 7418 2747 or mobile +45 2895 2706.
Please address your written application (we are also happy to receive electronic applications) to
Att.: Dagmar Eggers