Analytical Chemist and Researcher
Weifa AS is a Norwegian pharmaceutical company with main office in Oslo and two production sites in Kragerø. Weifa is rapidly expanding, and is looking towards new growth areas and international markets. The company employs approx. 200 persons, and is the largest supplier of non-prescription pharmaceuticals in Norway. Weifa is also a considerable supplier of raw materials for diabetes and pain therapy to leading international pharmaceutical companies. In 2010 our turnover was approx. 58 mEUR, of which 1/3 from the international market.
Weifa is expanding, and are seeking key personnel to our new API Development Laboratory in Kragerø, Norway
As an analytical chemist you will contribute to implementation of our product development projects and further development of our B2B business.
You will be responsible for:
- running and maintaining the analytical equipment
- develop new analytical methods for ongoing and new projects and carry out advanced chemical analysis using HPLC/GC-MS etc.
- synthesising and characterisation of known and unknown compounds
- assist in maintenance and development of documentation for new and marketed products
Researcher – chemical process development
As a researcher you will be responsible for developing syntheses and processes for APIs
- development of syntheses and processes for new APIs
- further develop and improve the processes of the already existing products
- plan and carry out development projects
- prepare patent applications
- prepare documentation for new and marketed products
Qualification and experience:
- Higher education, preferably PhD
- Experience from analytical and organic synthesis
- Knowledge from planning and execution of research projects
- Experience from industrial up scaling of processes
- Experience from development of DMF (Drug Master File) and understanding of regulatory requirements
- Good written and orally descriptive power (min. English written and orally)
- Innovative, enthusiastic and efficient, with the ability to complete projects according to agreed terms
- Practical and handy
- Good communications skills
- Independent, conscientious, structured and engaging
Both positions report to Director API Development, and place of work is Kragerø, Norway. For further information regarding the positions, contact Director API Development Torbjørn Haugen on telephone + 47 913 14 018 or + 47 35 98 42 00. Written application including CV by March 20th to firstname.lastname@example.org or to WEIFA AS, P.O. Box 98, NO-3791 Kragerø, Norway.