Experienced Chief Physician or Staff Specialist
The Respiratory Medicine Ward J is increasing the specialised activities in all areas, and is thus looking for a Chief Physician or Medical Doctor Specialist to be employed as soon as possible.
A specific area of focus is expected to be agreed in a dialogue with the relevant candidate based on core competencies and qualifications as well as any specific job wishes that the candidate may have. A competitive compensation package will be negotiated.
The Physicians of the Respiratory Medicine Ward will take part in the outside normal working hours emergency or duty setup. The younger physicians are the primary cover of these duty-functions.
The Respiratory Medicine Ward J is responsible for all respiratory medicine functional areas. As a consequence of the Medical Specialties Plan of the Danish National Board of Health a substantial increase in the activities of the department is expected.
The Department was originally established with its own Management in 2008 and is still characterised by enthusiasm and a team spirit based on professional commitment.
We expect that the ideal candidate:
- Is a trained Specialist Physician within respiratory medicine
- Will play an active role in developing the position of the department as a highly specialised Unit within the Region of Southern Denmark
- Will take part in the further development of the respiratory medicine area
- Will support a working culture, that puts emphasis on a good and dynamic working environment
- Will contribute actively in developing synergies between the medical, research and scientific as well as educational aspects of the field
- Has management experience as well as a formal management/leadership education, or alternatively possess a strong interest in gaining these qualifications.
Your application must:
- Be motivated and explicitly state how you can make a difference for the department
- Include a CV with formal data on previous work experience, clinical as well as management qualifications as well as scientific and teaching experience.
For further information please contact Recruitment Consultant at Workindenmark South Mr. Lewe Kuhn (email@example.com or tel. +4572223351) or Recruitment Consultant at the Region of Southern Denmark, Mr. Steen Broenlund Olesen (Steen.Broenlund.Olesen@regionsyddanmark.dk or mobile +4521350482).
You should address your application for the attention of:
Head of Department Hans Christian Siersted
The Respiratory Medicine Department J
University Hospital of Odense
DK – 5000 Odense C
Application deadline is April 1st 2011 but we welcome your application as soon as possible. We will most likely evaluate the incoming applications as they are received. Please state in your application where you have seen the advertisement.