Mechanical Concentrator Specialist – Commissioning (Mongolia)
Mechanical Concentrator Specialist – Commissioning
Our client is looking for a number of Concentrator Specialists to work on a greenfields project consisting of open pit and underground mines, concentrator and supporting infrastructure producing high grade copper and gold.
The Mechanical Commissioning Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and directing all mechanical completion, pre-commissioning and commissioning aspects of the concentrator to ensure that a successful start-up and ramp-up is achieved by the planned start date of 4Q 2012. This position will work closely with the EPCM team and the concentrator maintenance and operations groups so that the commissioning plan is efficiently executed. The incumbent will help integrate the on-the job training into the pre-commissioning and commissioning sequence so as to provide the maximum training exposure for the Mongolian personnel.
The concentrator division includes the primary crusher, conventional concentrator, and the concentrate load out facility. The production rate through the plant will be 100,000 tonnes per day.
Location & Benefits:
• Based in Mongolia on a 2-3 year contract.
• Living and working in the capital Ulaanbaatar and eventually FIFO to site which is 3 hours away.
• Excellent salaries will be offered along with 10% tax rates!
• 3 paid trips back home or anywhere else per year
• Relocation package plus accommodation allowances
• Welcoming expat community, good schools and family friendly environment
• To be part of the core owner’s team of 24 Commissioning Specialists to interface with operations and maintenance, construction, commissioning, vendor, and EPCM support teams.
• Assist with the development and execution of the commissioning strategy for the concentrator to ensure a successful start-up and ramp-up.
• To provide trouble shooting assistance, maintenance support, and technical training mentoring for the Mongolian Craftsmen and Supervisors during the whole commissioning process.
• The focus is on safety, equipment/plant availability and reliability, maintenance costs, performance management, and promoting a teaming environment between operations and other work groups
• Intimate knowledge of all equipment and processes in the concentrator and tailings storage facility.
• Assist with the preparation and/or verification of area parts lists and safe job procedures
• Assist in ensuring that final drawings match the actual field installations
• Optimizing resource utilization of personnel, time, and equipment during mechanical completion through steady state operation
• The incumbent will be expected to address issues during the commissioning phase to their successful and expedient resolution
• Collaboration with other teams will be essential during the commissioning process.
• Liaise with other members of the commissioning team – (Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation, Operations, ect)
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
• Copper and large tonnage experience (>100,000)
• Previous commissioning and concentrator experience particularly with large diameter Semi-autogenous grinding (SAG) complexes
• Assist in local workforce training to effectively maintain and operate the processing plant.
• Senior/Superintendent level (10yrs + experience)
• Continuous improvement knowledge an advantage (LEAN, Six Sigma methodologies)
Contact Ron Elliott in Perth, Australia on T: + 61 08 9229 7084 or email