Senior cost Estimator
SENIOR COST ESTIMATOR
Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam B.V., with its head office in Schiedam (near Rotterdam, Amsterdam and Antwerp), is a subsidiary company of Damen Shipyards Group in Gorinchem.
The company specializes in maintenance, repair and conversion of complex, high-quality ships and other maritime objects.
The cost estimator independently prepares an accurate cost budget and initial formulation of the technical qualifications and compilation of the tender submission documents based on the specifications and work drawings made available by the client. Where necessary you inspect the work on board of the ship. Inspection takes place in The Netherlands and occasionally abroad within the EU (several days a year).
You decide on the basis of your own insight, experiences and present parameters, the necessary hours per task and provide a price. You gather, in cooperation with the Purchasing Department, prices from suppliers for deliveries or subcontracting of work and incorporate them into the budget.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanics or Shipbuilding.
• Used to working in teams, with a service providing and flexible attitude.
• Experience in ship building (maintenance or repair).
• Knowledge of estimating and cost structures.
• Knowledge of computer programmes.
• Preferred age 40-50
A good salary with suitable remunerations and benefits:
• Max. € 5000,- gross a month
• 40 holidays a year
• Social retirement security expenses 50-50 split
• Company reduction health insurance
• Full remuneration for travel
• Yearly bonus
• 8% of annual income holiday allowance
• When granted, 30% Dutch income tax reduction
• If necessary, required training will be provided
• A pleasant working environment based on cooperation with motivated co-workers.
Candidates from abroad will have full remuneration concerning housing in the first month and full expenses during the interview process (airplane ticket, pick-up service from the airport and hotel).
Also, family will be looked after by Damen by helping spouses finding jobs when wanted, Dutch language training and daily child care.
Information about the position can be obtained by contacting Sabine Stellingwerf, Borderless Talent Solutions Manpower, the Netherlands:
Phone: + 31 (0)20 – 66 02 354
Mobile: +31 (0)6 – 133 25 165