Game Developer (Programmer)
1 Game Developer (Programmer)
Postadresse: Strandvegen 106
9006 TROMSØ, NORWAY
Contactperson: Nicoline Hildenes
PLACE OF WORK: TROMSØ, NORWAY
Playfish Tromsø, a division of EA Interactive, is one of the world's largest and fastest growing social games companies with a mission to change how the world plays games. We take pride in our creativity, innovation and technical excellence. We have created some of the most loved games on social and mobile platforms such as Facebook, MySpace, Google, Bebo, iPhone and Android and our games are played by millions of people worldwide every day. At Playfish we believe in a positive and creative team culture where everyone feels ownership and enjoys what they do. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and rewarding. We provide a unique environment for learning, development and shaping the future of computer games and internet services and we're looking for high energy, intelligent and highly motivated individuals with a just-do-it attitude to join us.
We are looking for a energetic Game Developer to join our studio team in Tromsø. The right person will work in our development team in Tromsø, Norway to help us create new and exciting Social Games on Facebook and mobile platforms. You will be part of our team of passionate technical and creative people looking to revolutionise the gaming world by taking social games and experience to the next level.
What you might do on a typical day at Playfish:
- Create a new game feature that will go live and be used by millions of players within a week
- Contribute your ideas and code to a new game prototype in development, whilst learning from some of the world's best game designers and developers
- Identify and optimise that tough bottleneck in the rendering pipeline
- Implement a funky new visual effect to make our players happy
- Debate over coffee with your colleagues the most optimal approach to solving that complex game simulation algorithm you are working on
- Work with new technologies across platforms
- Help push the boundaries on how we can create games
We are looking for:
- Experience and excitement for developing games on any platform
- Feature oriented, creatively minded programmer who can take ownership of a feature and a game together with his team of artists and server programmers.
- Solid understanding of algorithms, physics and math.
- A natural feeling for and understanding of good gameplay mechanics.
- A wish to learn and share knowledge and experience with other team members.
- Someone who is open for input and enjoys working in an iterative and agile process
- Someone who loves programming games, not just as a job, but as a lifestyle.
- Someone who dreams in bits and bytes and wants to go out and change the way the world is playing games
What's in it for you?
- Work in the forefront of the fast paced mobile and social gaming industry
- Fit naturally within a talented team of like minded engineers and artists from across the world looking to build and strengthen their skills for every new product
- Enjoy some of the most beautiful nature on the planet, with deep fjords and majestic mountains only minutes away from the office
- EA/Playfish offers strong benefits across the board ranging from pension, insurance and gym sponsorship to free games of your choice
- Competitive salary and equity in EA
- We will help you finding accommodation
- We will pay your moving costs
- Full time job
If you think this position would suit you. Please send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org today! and at the latest 30 September 2011.
Please send your application in English