1 Product Manager
Postadresse: Strandvegen 106
9006 TROMSØ, NORWAY
Contactperson: Nicoline Hildenes
PLACE OF WORK: TROMSØ, NORWAY
Playfish Tromsø, a division of EA Interactive, is one of the world's largest and fastest growing social games companies with a mission to change how the world plays games. We take pride in our creativity, innovation and technical excellence. We have created some of the most loved games on social and mobile platforms such as Facebook, MySpace, Google, Bebo, iPhone and Android and our games are played by millions of people worldwide every day. At Playfish we believe in a positive and creative team culture where everyone feels ownership and enjoys what they do. Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and rewarding. We provide a unique environment for learning, development and shaping the future of computer games and internet services and we're looking for high energy, intelligent and highly motivated individuals with a just-do-it attitude to join us.
As a Product Manager in our Playfish team in Tromsø, Norway, you will be responsible for providing roadmap direction, analysis and economic modelling to a hit social gaming title. You'll utilize a strong quantitative skill set to understand the metrics that will inform product and feature design. You'll then work with our team of artists and developers to guide the implementation of those designs. Most importantly, you'll learn a ton, have fun, and be a critical part of your title's success. You'll also get a chance to work with the best artists and game developers in social media.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Leading the product management of a social game
- Running a "game as service" business with your title and ensure its success
- Maximizing your title's engagement, virility, enjoy ability, and monetization
- Planning and executing the product roadmap to meet goals via a weekly deployment cycle
- Writing product and feature specs
- Using a strong quantitative background to balance the math in new feature design, create and manage virtual economies
- Working closely with game studios, marketing, payments, community and web teams
- Being the tireless champion for the games economy and healthy monetization
The requirements for this position are:
- Strong passion for social media and gaming
- Strong analytic skills and experience with metrics-driven decision making
- Product management or engineering experience in the gaming, social media, or consumer internet sectors -- or analyst / associate role at a leading management consultancy or investment bank.
- Understanding of micro-transaction business models
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Open to feedback and enjoys working in a fast-paced, constantly iterating environment
- Collaborative and consensus driven approach
- BA/BS degree
What's in it for you?
- Work in the forefront of the fast paced mobile and social gaming industry
- Fit naturally within a talented team of like minded entrepeneurs from across the world looking to build and strengthen their skills for every new product
- Enjoy some of the most beautiful nature on the planet, with deep fjords and majestic mountains only minutes away from the office
- EA/Playfish offers strong benefits across the board ranging from pension, insurance and gym sponsorship to free games of your choice
- Competitive salary and equity in EA
- We will help you finding accommodation
- We will pay your moving costs
- Full time job
If you think this position would suit you, please send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com today, and not later than 30 Sept 2011!
Please send your application in English