Manager Project Planning
Dresser-Rand AS is part of the Dresser-Rand Group, an independent energy industry leader with headquarters in Paris and Houston. Dresser-Rand has approximately 7.000 employees with around 180 based in Norway, one of its 12 worldwide manufacturing facilities. The Norwegian activities include the engineering and manufacturing of gas turbine packages for generators and centrifugal compressors as well as being a service hub for all Dresser-Rand products. With a gas turbine power range from 1 to 55 MW, Dresser-Rand AS supports the oil and gas industry at offshore and land based installations around the world. Dresser-Rand AS is situated close to both mountains and the coast in the beautiful countryside of Kongsberg.
• The role of the Manager Project Planning position is to ensure an efficient operation of the Project Planning department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization and customer requirements
• The Manager Project Planning will plan, coordinate, and report to the project organization as well as work with business unit managers to provide input for their resource planning.
• The Manager Project Planning will work closely with project management, decision makers in other departments and with other D-R companies to maintain and further develop our standard project plan template
• This position will ensure that the organization adopts and understand best practices within Project Planning as required
What the position entails
• Manage and develop the Project planning tools used by the Company
• Maintain and further develop the total workload planning system
• Make sure our intranet pages are updated with latest progress information per project.
• Make sure our intranet is updated with resource load totally and per department / disiplin against capacity
• Make sure the organization is familiar with activities to be performed next period
• Make sure that major risks are identified and communicated
• Work with the organization to make sure they understand our Best Practices within planning
• Produce reports and written correspondence as required for this role
• Be clear on Dresser-Rand vision and values ensuring delivery through the team
• Clearly articulate our Dresser-Rand project planning philosophy to the project team
• Lead and manage the Project Planning team
• Recruit talented people to the team
• Ensure the team are engaged and motivated to give their best
• Work with each team member to agree individual objectives and manage the performance management program with them
• Manage people performance and where performance levels are not to standard, work with the individual to ensure a positive outcome and improvement is achieved
• Identify individual and team training needs to ensure team skills are maintained to the appropriate level
• Participate in team meetings
• University degree in the field of computer science
• Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred.
• Strong understanding of project management principles.
• Strong technical understanding
• Extensive experience with SAFRAN as Project Planning tool
• Proven experience in project planning
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to conduct and direct research into project issues as required
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
As an employee of Dresser-Rand, you will enjoy
• An excellent and informal working environment
• Varied assignments, working on exciting projects together with skilled colleagues
• An international environment full of development potential for individuals
• Competitive terms with good pension and insurance schemes
Questions related to this position can be addressed to Mette Hansen, +47 32287001.
Send written application with CV, marked “Manager Project Planner” via email to firstname.lastname@example.org