Financial, Planning & Analysis (Sr. Accountant)
Dresser-Rand AS is part of the Dresser-Rand Group, an independent energy industry leader with headquarters in Paris and Houston. Dresser-Rand has approximately 7.000 employees with around 180 based in Norway, one of its 12 world wide manufacturing facilities. The Norwegian activities include the engineering and manufacturing of gas turbine packages for generators and centrifugal compressors as well as being a service hub for all Dresser-Rand products. With a gas turbine power range from 1 to 55 MW, Dresser-Rand AS supports the oil and gas industry at offshore and land based installations around the world. Dresser-Rand AS is situated close to both mountains and the coast in the beautiful countryside city of Kongsberg, a one hour car drive to the capital city, Oslo.
What the position entails:
As a Senior Accountant you will form an important role as part of our finance and controlling function. You will be responsible for a large part of our financial reporting, and perform general accounting, analysis, and controlling, as well as lend support to management and the rest of our organization.
The position will involve working independently on analysis and reporting, as well as working as part of a team.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Key contributor in the monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes
- Participate in the preparation of monthly income statement and balance sheet reporting to management and headquarters, as well as supplemental reporting
- Participate in the development of the Annual Operating Plan (budget process) with emphasis on cost centres and income statement
- Prepare income statement and balance sheet reconciliations
- Contribute to improve internal routines and procedures, including SOX
- Ad-hoc reporting/analysis in relation to finance and accounting
- Minimum bachelor, or equivalent, in finance and accounting. Work experience may compensate for lack of formal education within the field.
- Minimum three years working experience, preferably working in an international environment.
- Understanding of company processes and being able to see the wider picture.
- Proactive, structured, analytical and result oriented.
- Handle working in a busy environment, dealing with deadlines, and periods of high workload.
- Eager to learn and develop.
- Good knowledge about and frequent user of IT applications. Experience using IFS and/or Oracle is an advantage, but no requirement.
- Good English skills, both oral and written
As an employee of Dresser-Rand, you will enjoy:
- An excellent and informal working environment
- Varied assignments, working on exciting projects together with skilled colleagues
- An international environment full of development potential for individuals
- Competitive terms with good pension and insurance schemes
Questions related to this position can be addressed to Jan Edvin Pedersen, 32287077.
Send written application with CV, marked “Sr. Accountant” via email to firstname.lastname@example.org