Dresser-Rand AS is part of the Dresser-Rand Group, an independent energy industry leader with headquarters in Paris and Houston. Dresser-Rand has approximately 7.000 employees with around 180 based in Norway, one of its 12 world wide manufacturing facilities. The Norwegian activities include the engineering and manufacturing of gas turbine packages for generators and centrifugal compressors as well as being a service hub for all Dresser-Rand products. With a gas turbine power range from 1 to 55 MW, Dresser-Rand AS supports the oil and gas industry at offshore and land based installations around the world. Dresser-Rand AS is situated close to both mountains and the coast in the beautiful countryside city of Kongsberg, a one hour car drive to the capital city, Oslo.
What the position entails
Key responsibilities include ensuring that the monthly closing package is filed timely and accurately and in accordance with US GAAP and Corporate policies, for both Dresser Rand AS and for the Norwegian Holding Company, as well as the annual Statutory Reporting for both companies, including tax calculations.
• Maintain the business unit's general ledger accounts and monitor account activity including allocations, depreciation, and intra-business unit accounting.
• Manage the account reconciliation process by ensuring the maintenance of accurate and complete account reconciliations and supporting documentation, including supporting sub-ledgers, journal and other financial documentation.
• Compile and prepare financial statements and month end closing package.
• Examine financial statements for completeness, accuracy and conformance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Perform balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows variance analysis from prior periods and present results to Corporate on a monthly basis.
• Contribute to the annual budget process and prepare meaningful actual v. budget comparison analysis.
• Prepare qualitative and quantitative disclosure information for SEC filings.
• Perform and approve account analysis such as, but not limited to: balance sheet accruals and provisions, expense and salary accruals, departmental expense analysis, employee relocations, travel advances, salary, tax and other specified accounts.
• Provide financial analysis and advice to region business leaders as requested.
• Be an advanced/expert user on our ERP system (IFS)
• Execute special projects either individually or in a collaboration with others on an 'Ad Hoc' basis.
• Supervise and Mentor direct reports and provide effective performance evaluations.
• Prepare and maintain accounting policies and procedures and provide training as necessary
The position will report directly to the Financial Controller and will primarily be responsible for ensuring that the company is in compliance with US GAAP, SOX, and statutory reporting requirements, as well as managing a team of four.
• Bachelor's or Master degree in Accounting.
• Knowledge of US GAAP desired.
• Required minimum 5 years auditing or accounting experience with at least 3 years in a senior position desired.
• SOX 404 Compliance experience preferred.
• Experience with large ERP financial system required.
• High degree of proficiency with MS Excel is desired.
• English skills, written and oral.
As an employee of Dresser-Rand, you will enjoy
• An excellent and informal working environment
• Varied assignments, working on exciting projects together with skilled colleagues
• An international environment full of development potential for individuals
• Competitive terms with good pension and insurance schemes
Questions related to the position can be addressed to Jan Edvin Pedersen, +47 32287077.
Send written application with CV, marked “Accounting Manager” via email to firstname.lastname@example.org