Project Technical Manager
Dresser-Rand AS is part of the Dresser-Rand Group, an independent energy industry leader with headquarters in Paris and Houston. Dresser-Rand has approximately 7.000 employees with around 180 based in Norway, one of its 12 world wide manufacturing facilities. The Norwegian activities include the engineering and manufacturing of gas turbine packages for generators and centrifugal compressors as well as being a service hub for all Dresser-Rand products. With a gas turbine power range from 1 to 55 MW, Dresser-Rand AS supports the oil and gas industry at offshore and land based installations around the world. Dresser-Rand AS is situated close to both mountains and the coast in the beautiful countryside city of Kongsberg, a one hour car drive to the capital city, Oslo.
What the position entails:
• Responsibility for engineering and technical scope of assigned client orders for the supply of gas turbine generator and compressors packages including related auxiliary equipment and control systems
• The project technical manager (PTM) assumes the technical responsibility within the project to ensure that the product is in accordance with requirements and scope for a given contract
• Specific requirements:
- Review the technical and commercial aspects of the contract and contribute to that the project goals are being met.
- Follow relevant laws, agreements, instructions, procedures and regulations.
- At all times have an overview of the technical resource needed and ensure that it meets the project goals.
- Coordinate project technical matters with customer
- Coordinate and provide technical arguments for changes and deviations towards customer
- Coordinate project technical matters across the different discipline areas
- Inform other PTM's in matters that is of importance for them to execute their function in a professional manner and can contribute to synergy effects across the projects.
- Review and acknowledge the progress plan and the follow up of these in coordination with the discipline leads to meet the project goals.
- Ensure that relevant information regarding the contract is being distributed to the project engineering and internal departments.
- Responsibility to follow up and to approve all technical documentation issued to customer.
- Clarify and agree with line authority in case project technical matters deviate from company standards.
• Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in engineering (or equivalent)
• 5 years previous experience
• Must possess a high level of technical problem solving skills
• Ability to travel to client and supplier locations worldwide
• Multi discipline knowledge of diversified products and processes
• The ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action or decision
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
As an employee of Dresser-Rand, you will enjoy:
• An excellent and informal working environment
• Varied assignments, working on exciting projects together with skilled colleagues
• An international environment full of development potential for individuals
• Competitive terms with good pension and insurance schemes
Questions related to this position can be addressed to Bjørn Egeland
Send written application with CV, marked “Project Technical Manager” via email to email@example.com