EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR TECHNOLOGY LEAD ENGINEERS IN NORWAY
Manpower Professional Engineering is one of Norway's leading engineering companies specializing in staffing, technical consultancy services and project recruitment. We serve the market with multi-discipline engineering, construction/drawing and project administrative services.
Together with our client – a world leading company within subsea production systems, we are looking globally for highly experienced Lead Engineers within the discipline areas of:
• Pump systems
• Hydraulic design
• Mechanical design
• High voltage equipment
• Owner for assigned technology area. Drive process of continuous product improvement with focus on manufacturability, reliability and quality. Design processes that ensure failures are found before delivery.
• Keep updated on technology developments within own field.
• Support other regions and SLS with product technology expertise and product development activities – on a commercial basis.
• Obtain local and regional feedback from Marketing, Customers, Tendering, Engineering and SLS on assigned product.
• Provide input to long term product road maps and CoE technology development review process.
• Initiate IP protection applications for development programs.
• Standardize product portfolio wherever possible.
• Be a team player in the technology department and follow the overall strategic. framework and COE objectives.
• Educate within area of product responsibility. Organize regular meetings to update and educate knowledge via technology network
• Assist in recruiting people within own technology.
• Assure proper quality of the specifications, drawings, procedures and other information essential for Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
• Assure focus of reliability towards design, manufacturing, testing and operation
• Take part in qualification and auditing of core suppliers in co-operation with Supply Chain.
• Participate in and endorse design reviews within area on product expertise.
• Develop, sanction and achieve strategies, improvement projects and action plan
• Assure correct interface with other technology leads.
• Pursue continuous development and standardization of products and processes
• Monitor related NCR’s and implement corrective actions and lessons learned within own area.
• Responsible for updating and improving Design Manual within own area.
• Drive HSE improvements in product design.
• MS/PhD degree with technical focus
• 7+ year relevant experience from industrial or oil & gas field with consulting or supplier background.
• Broad experience and understanding of pump systems, product development, engineering best practice and relevant standards.
• Excellent communication skills and cross-cultural understanding
• Extensive theoretical knowledge and practical skills, being able to transfer knowledge, motivate and supervise other engineers within own area of expertise.
• Proven results in building and managing a technology area.
• Follow technical career path, develop and enable to fulfill chief engineer requirement within defined timeframe.
• Commercial awareness
• Fluent English required
This exciting job opportunity in Norway can offer:
• Permanent positions
• Relocation for you and your family, when necessary, will be provided
• A good and creative working environment in a technical driven organisation
• Inspiring tasks, enabling opportunities for professional development.
• A good system for training, support and follow-up
• Interesting and challenging work in one of the leading subsea technology companies worldwide.
• Good career development opportunities nationally and internationally
• Good personnel and pension insurances and welfare benefits for all employees
• Competitive wage levels
Want to apply?
Please send us your CV in English with current contact information to Engineering.International@manpowerprofessional.no.
We need your CV by Friday March 9th, 2012.
For more information, feel free to contact Senior Advisor Monica Figueroa at email@example.com or phone at +47 97022410.