Joint Warfare Centre
The Joint Warfare Centre, located in Stavanger, Norway, is a NATO international military body. It is subordinate to Headquarters Supreme Allied Commander Transformation (HQ SACT), located in the United States.
The Joint Warfare Centre provides NATO's training focal point for full spectrum joint operational level warfare. This includes:
- operational level joint training in support of ongoing operations;
- conducting and supporting collective training of joint and combined staffs of the NATO Command Structure (NCS) and NATO Force Structure (NFS) Headquarters;
- providing key leader training;
- supporting joint operational warfare doctrine and standards;
- assisting developmental and experimental work of Allied Command Transformation (ACT) on new concepts, technologies, modeling and simulation;
- performing analysis, collecting lessons learned and feeding them back into the transformational network through the Joint Analysis and Lessons Learned Centre (JALLC), located in Portugal.
Number of employees: 61 international civilian employees and 195 international military personnel assigned by NATO member statesTranslatorJob description The complete vacancy notice, application form and additional information is available on the JWC website: http://www.jwc.nato.int/civilian-personnel-office/civilian-job-vacancies
Completed University degree (studies must have been completed in at least two of the three required languages).
At least four years of experience as a professional translator using English, French and Norwegian langauages.
Ability to translate general and technical texts from English and French to Norwegian and from Norwegian and French to English at a standard not requiring revision.
Experience in providing editing, proofreading and drafting services to high professional standards.
Working hours and place of work Approximately 37 hours per week (excluding lunch) . Stavanger, Norway
Start date 1 March 2013
Salary Starting basic salary (effective 1 January 2012) is NOK 70,309 per month
Last application day 31 August 2012
How to apply? See http://www.jwc.nato.int/civilian-personnel-office/civilian-job-vacancies
Contact person/ telephone number Civilian Personnel Office