Communication Associate, UNHCR Stockholm
Utdelningsadress Ynglingagatan 14
Besöksadress Ynglingagatan 14
113 47 STOCKHOLM
Tel 08-4574880 Fax 08-4574887
belägen i kommun Stockholm
Platsbeskrivning UNHCR Regional Representation for the Baltic and Nordic Countries in
Stockholm has a vacancy for a Communication Associate (G6).
The incumbent will be working under the supervision of Senior Regional
External Relations Officer and in close coordination with other UNHCR staff,
partners and media in the region. The tasks would include to:
1. Assists in establishment of close working relationships with television,
radio and news agencies in the region to promote and ensure the
dissemination of UNHCR's aims, activities and principles;
2. Responds to routine telephone and written enquiries from a variety of
sources such as the media, the public, NGOs and government officials,
3. Provides interviews to regional media in close coordination with the
Representative and the Senior Regional External Relations Officer;
4. Compiles and maintains the mailing list for press releases, information
bulletins and ensures timely despatch of information to media and other
5. Monitors and analyse the media, compiles and distributes daily news
6. Translates press releases, web stories and other documents;
7. Assists in managing, developing and updating ROBNC's
regional/national websites in accordance with UNHCR's guidelines;
8. Assists in managing and developing ROBNC's regional and national
social media accounts (facebook, twitter, etc.) and assists in finding
innovative ways how to better reach and proactively engage UNHCR's
target groups through websites and social media in different countries;
Fundraising team on content in ROBNC websites and social media;
10. Keeps track of evolving global, regional and national issues concerning
displaced persons and refugees in order to brief Regional
Representative and other staff members on local developments and
local aspects of media;
11. Organises press trips to refugees sites in the field;12. Assists in drafting and implementing case-by-case tailored communication strategies to strengthen UNHCR's messaging and advocacy for persons of concern to UNHCR;
13. Advises Representative and other staff on communications strategies and best practices to handle challenging media situations related to UNHCR work;
14. Assist in making UNHCR's brand better known in the region; and
15. Performs other duties as required.
Post-secondary courses in International Relations, Journalism, Communications, Political or Social Sciences, or other related fields.
Work experience: Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
University degree may be considered in lieu of job experience.
Full proficiency in English as the main working language of the United Nations
is essential. In addition, excellent language skills in one or more Nordic and
Excellent drafting and writing skills.
Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
Experience in drafting and implementing media advocacy strategies.
Excellent knowledge in design, management and use of websites and social
media accounts (facebook/twitter).
Advanced computer skills.
Basic knowledge of UNHCR's operations.
For more information: Please contact Markku Aikomus, Senior Regional External
Relations Officer at 08-457 48 86
Varaktighet : Tillsvidareanställning
Tillträde Efter överenkommelse
Arbetstid/Varaktighet Heltid Schemalagd arbetstid
Lön Fast lön
Kontaktpersoner Markku Aikomus 08-457 48 86
Ansökan Sista ansökningsdag 2013-02-28
Övrigt om ansökan Submit your application (cover letter and CV) in ENGLISH. Please attach the
P11 form available at www.unhcr.se to your application. Only those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted. Send your application to:
Ynglingagatan 14, 6 tr
SE-113 47 Stockholm
Ansökan via e-post Arbetsgivaren tar ej emot ansökan via e-post