Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus
Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences (HiOA) is Norway’s largest state University College, with approximately 17000 students and 2000 employees. We conduct research in areas that are important for welfare and value creation, for instance health, education, social sciences, technology and design. HiOA has an academic stimulating environment with a variety of welfare schemes.
Our goal is to become a leading university in the Nordics within the field of applied sciences.
Norway’s leading professional university college is looking for a visionary Rector
Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences (HiOA) is Norway’s largest university college of professionally-oriented education and professionally relevant research. The teaching is based on leading research, development work and experience-based knowledge. We cooperate closely with enterprises and public organizations to provide our students with professional development and experience from working life. HiOA offers study programmes for professions that are in high demand in society and we have a comprehensive portfolio within research and development work for employers in the private and public sectors.
The university college is seeking a future-oriented leader who can be a specific supplier of conditions in meeting the society’s challenges within welfare, education, health and technology. As Rector at HiOA you will have the opportunity to be head of the leading university college that shapes the future professions in these areas and the opportunity to raise up a university college with ambitions of becoming a leading professional university. You will be given scope of action to lead a knowledge institution that offers study programmes that are very much in demand.
Rector is the head of the university college with responsibility for the overall activities, in accordance with the framework and requirements appointed by the Board. Rector reports to the University College Board.
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Positioning HiOA nationally and internationally
- Ensuring that the institution reaches its strategic goals for meeting future challenges
- Ensuring that HiOA is visible and coherent in the public debate and sets the agenda
- Building networks with central partners in the educational sector, business and industry, and public authorities
- Being an inspiration and driving force that manages change processes, strategic development and implementation, and financial control
- Developing a positive and inclusive organizational culture and a good working environment for both students and staff
- Developing a professional and quality-oriented management throughout the organization
- Ensuring that resources and real property are allocated in accordance with decisions made by the Board and that the total financial management is in accordance with legislation and conditions set by the Ministry
The person appointed as Rector must have formal competence for appointment in an academic position (PhD Degree) at a university/university college and have first-hand experience from HiOA’s core activities: teaching, research, dissemination and innovation.
Furthermore, the person appointed must have:
- Experience as leader at a high level in complex knowledge organizations
- Experience in managing change processes, strategic development and implementation
- Good relational skills and ability to build networks
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language, in addition to English
- Very good understanding of organizations Substantial understanding of the needs of the working life and the marketing and political context HiOA is in
- Good communicative skills for both external and internal communication
- A motivating, distinct and result-oriented style of management
- Substantial knowledge of and experience from the university/university college sector
- Political understanding, including ability and willingness to market HiOA, nationally and internationally
- Good loan and pension terms in the
- Various welfare schemes
Salary is set in accordance with the Norwegian State Salary Scale, job code 1004, wage scale 91-101(NOK 1 038 800 - NOK1 253 100). Higher salary may be considered.
The position is a fixed term position of 4 years from 1 August 2015.
For more information about the position, please contact:
Rector Kari Toverud Jensen, tel.,+4767235001 / +4741657980
Director of Human Resources Geir Haugstveit, tel.,+4767235060 / +4794877592
The position adheres to the university college’s policy that the work force should to the greatest possible extent reflect the diversity of the population. Therefore, we encourage qualified candidates with immigrant background or reduced functional ability to apply for this position. HiOA is an IA (Inclusive Workplace) enterprise and questions about adaptation may be directed to the contact persons.
HiOA uses an electronic recruitment system. To apply for this position, please register your application and CV by clicking the link «Apply for position».
Application deadline: 11 February 2015
Type of employment:
NOK 1 038 800 - NOK1 253 100
Number of positions:
- Rektor Kari Toverud Jensen, tlf 67235001 / 41657980
- HR-direktør Geir Haugstveit, tlf 67235060 / 94877592
Last application date:
Login and apply: