Associate professor in Finite Element Method (FEM) and FEM analysis of structures
Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences (HiOA) is Norways largest state University College, with approximately 17000 students and 2000 employees. We conduct research in areas that are important for welfare and value creation, for instance health, education, social sciences, technology and design. HiOA has an academic stimulating environment with a variety of welfare schemes.
Our goal is to become a leading university in the Nordics within the field of applied sciences.
Fakultet for teknologi, kunst og design, Institutt for bygg og energiteknikk
Do you want to be part of the team for our new master's degree programme within structural engineering?
The Faculty of Technology, Art and Design is looking for new employees. Read more about the faculty here.
We have two vacancies for associate professors within the areas:
1.Finite Element Method (FEM)
2.FEM analyses in structural design.
We are looking for people with profound theoretical knowledge of the Finite Element Method, and people with expertise in FEM analyses of concrete, steel or timber structures.
The faculty has wide-ranging contact with the construction industry in the region, and it engages in research and development activities and other contract work both independently and in cooperation with others.
- Teaching and supervision at master's and bachelor's degree level
- Development of course at master's and bachelor's degree level
- Contributing to the development of a new master's degree programme within structural engineering
- Research and development work in the department's subject areas
- Raising the profile of the subject area and the faculty
- Attending to administrative tasks
- A PhD in applied/computational mathematics with documented theoretical knowledge of the finite element method (FEM), or a PhD in structural engineering with expertise in FEM analyses of concrete, steel or timber structures.
- It is an advantage if you have experience from FEM analyses and structural design
- Emphasis is placed on documented research qualifications and scientific publications within the field - FEM analysis- .
- Experience of teaching and supervision at university college/university level is desirable. You must be able to communicate in English and it is an advantage if you are able to communicate in a Scandinavian language as well. You are expected to master Norwegian within two years of being appointed.
- Emphasis is placed on documented teaching qualifications and experience.
If you do not have relevant practical teaching qualifications, you must agree to complete the university college's programme in basic teaching competence (15 ECT credits) within two years.
The university college tests teaching qualifications in connection with interviews.
The general criteria for appointments to positions as associate professor are set out in the Regulations concerning appointment and promotion to teaching and research posts.
Relevant personal qualities
- Good cooperation and communication skills, as well as personal suitability, will be emphasised
- Flexible, inquisitive, and keen to develop your academic and teaching skills
- Good written and oral communication skills.
We offer you
- Academic development as part of a group of committed colleagues
- Good loan and pension arrangements with the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Good staff welfare arrangements.
Applicants will be assessed by an expert committee. The application must contain:
- Your application, CV and copies of diplomas and references
- Full list of publications
- Up to 10 examples of publications that you wish to have taken into consideration, submitted together with a table of contents.
Please indicate the position you are applying for, or priority.
The salary for the position is in accordance with the pay scale for state employees: Job code 1011, wage scale 57-70 (equivalent to NOK 483.400 - 614.400). A higher salary can be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants.
For more information about the position, please contact:
The staff of the university college shall as far as possible reflect the diversity of the population as a whole. We therefore encourage qualified applicants from immigrant backgrounds or with functional impairments to apply. The university college is an Inclusive Workplace (IW) enterprise, and enquiries about possibilities for adaptation can be addressed to the contact person named in this advertisement.
If you wish to apply for the position, you must apply electronically by clicking the button at the bottom of the advertisement - Log in and apply- . All application documents submitted should be in English.
Final date for applications: 07.08.2015