Senior Mining Engineer (ref.nr. 2684625719)
Sydvaranger Gruve AS
Sydvaranger Gruve AS was established in 2007 with the purpose to rehabilitate the mine, railroad and production plants, and to commence production of high-grade iron ore concentrate. SVG currently has 400 employees, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northern Iron Ltd., which is listed on the ASX Stock Exchange in Sydney, Australia. We are located in Sør-Varanger municipality, which is an area experiencing growth in many sectors, for example the oil industry. The surrounding area offers unique opportunities for nature experiences that would tempt most people to outdoor activities in their leisure time. Since the operational start in 2009, the company has evolved in many areas and constantly reached new milestones. Achieving new goals requires hard work and motivated and committed employees working together as one team towards one goal. We are constantly searching for qualified people, and welcome onboard those who want to contribute to improvement and development of our product, our values and our organization. More information about the company can be found at www.sydvarangergruve.no and www.northerniron.com.au
Senior Mining Engineer (ref.nr. 2684625719)
- Mine Technical Services
- Providing technicial leadership to develop a safety culture and safe work practices in planning processes and the mining activities to achieve the plan.
- Accountable for managing Mine Planning and Surveying Team, and for promoting a highly motivated and productive team environment with emphasis on team synergy.
- Delivery of high quality planning processes spanning from short to medium to long term mine plans, in addition to providing adequate technical support to operational personnel including the Mine Manager, Overstiger, Stigers, and relevant contract personnel.
- Ensuring adequate quality and quantity of ore supply to the plant, in line with the budget and forecast.
- Identifying and assessing risks to the mine plans and ensuring adequate resources have been allocated to manage the issues.
- Adequate design and management of field control systems to allow mine operations processes to function effectively and efficiently.
- Accountable for special data and survey systems.
- Development of data management systems and tools, reconciliation and reporting to help track performance and refine planning assumptions.
- Responsible for Long Term Mine Planning, including the provision of accurate and timely Life of Mine plans, Mine budgets and forecasts, along with an assessment of the resources required and risk minimization strategies needed to deliver the plan.
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality reporting and presentations for a wide range of purposes including end og month reporting, mine planning and improvement projects.
- Responsible for providing the "Bergtekniske Ansvarlig" with adequate mine planning information to satisfy all Norwegian Government Statutory requirements regarding the operation of the mine.
- Jointly responsible with Senior Geologists for developing and delivering an action plan for the Technicial Team to ensure alignment focus, resource allocation and delivery on team priorities.
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering from a recognized Tertiary Institution or equivalent Geoscience discipline experience as a mining engineer in an operating mine.
- Registered as a member of a relevant Engineering Society or Institute.
- JORC accreditation standards and Competency.
- Previous experience using scheduling packages.
- A working knowledge of design and scheduling software such as DESWIK and Whittle.
- Minimum of 10 years`experience in an Mining Engineering or Mine Planning role.
- Minimum or 5 years`experience in operational mine production role, preferred.
- Strong history of delivering technical solutions in an mining environment.
- Strong Conceptual thinking ability.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Ensure responsibilities are clear and non-compliances are followed up.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge, particularly MS Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have good data management skills, including a high level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to manage and influence change.
- Ability to manage a number of tasks with competing priorities.
- Ability to mentor team members to promote development in the group.
- Good organization and task setting skills.
- Ensure responsibilities are clear and non compliances are followed up.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a variety of levels both within and external to the organization.
- Strong presentations skills.
- Driver`s License.
- Ability to communicate in Norwegian.
- Highly values personal and team safety.
- A challenging and developing business in an international working environment.
- Competitive salary and pernsion insurance.
- Daytime 37,5 h/w
Sydvaranger Industriområde, 9915 Kirkenes
Jurgen Schaeffer, Mine Technical Services Manager, +(47) 455 05 412
Advertiser: Sydvaranger Gruve AS
Ref. nr.: 2684625719
For online application form: