Associate professor in biotechnology
Fakultet for teknologi, kunst og design (TKD), Institutt for maskin, elektronikk og kjemi
Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus (HiOA) er landets største statlige høgskole, med rundt 17 000 studenter og 2000 tilsatte. HiOA har studiesteder i Pilestredet, på Kjeller og i Sandvika. Vi skal være et attraktivt studie- og arbeidssted som samvirker aktivt med storbyregionens samfunns-, arbeids- og kulturliv. Vårt mål er å bli et ledende universitet i Norden med en profesjonsrettet profil.
Institutt for maskin, elektronikk og kjemi (MEK) tilbyr bachelorstudier i ingeniørutdanning, og har forsknings- og utviklingsaktiviteter. Instituttet har om lag 40 ansatte og om lag 460 studenter.
Department of Mechanical, Electronic and Chemical Engineering (MEK) offers Bachelor programs in engineering and has research and development activities. The department has about 40 employees and about 460 students. The faculty has extensive contact with industry in the region and is engaged in research and development activities in biotechnology and analytical chemistry. Read more about faculty here.
Associate professor in biotechnology
MEK, Program for Biotechnology and Chemistry has a 3-year vacancy (with the possibility of a permanent position) as an Associate Professor in biotechnology.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lecture and supervise within biotechnology/genetics and other relevant topics to the study program
- Conduct research within areas of research of interest to the department, for example biotechnology
- Active participation in the development of the educational program
- Interaction and collaboration with industry and the public sector
- Contribute to the PR work of the department and faculty
Qualifications and experience
- PhD relevant to the fields of biotechnology, genetics or molecular biology
- Experience and active in research in the field of biotechnology
- Experience from large and small scale research projects
- Experience from working in or strong collaboration with industry and/or the public sector
- Engineering background
- Good oral and written communication skills in a Scandinavian language and English. If you do not have sufficient skills in a Scandinavian language, you must commit yourself to acquire this within two years.
- Candidates who have no relevant qualifications in pedagogy at the time of appointment must commit themselves to complete HiOA’s programme for basic pedagogical competence (15 ECTS credits) within two years.
The university college will assess pedagogical competencies during the individual interview.
Desired skills and competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage a good working environment
- Solution oriented, flexible and committed
- Interested in educational development.
- the opportunity for professional development in an environment of skilled and dedicated colleagues
- the ability to influence the development of tomorrow's engineers
a stable and good working environment
- independence and flexible working hours
- a workplace undergoing extensive growth and development
- good welfare schemes
- good loan and pension conditions at Statens pensjonskasse
- Head of program/Associate professor Kirsten Aarset, 67 23 87 27
- Associate professor Ragnhild Augustson, 67 23 87 24
Salary is set in accordance with the Norwegian State Salary Scale, job code 1011 Associate Professor (førsteamanuensis) salery grade 60-72 (NOK 510 100-640 700)
As an applicant, an expert evaluation committee will assess you. In addition to the online application, you have to, the within deadline, upload the following:
- Application, CV and copies of diplomas/certificates
- Up to 10 scientific works that you want considered, as well as a full list of publications
Please apply electronically to this position by clicking on the button «Apply here».
The position adheres to the Norwegian Government’s policy that the national labour force should to the greatest possible extent reflect the diversity of the population. Therefore, we encourage qualified candidates with immigrant background or reduced functional ability to apply for this position. HiOA is an IA (Inclusive Workplace) enterprise and operates in compliance with the Norwegian IA agreement. Questions about adaptation and the working environment may be directed to the contact persons.
|Tiltredelse||As soon as possible|
|Lønn||NOK 510 100-640 700|
|Antall ledige stillinger||1|